Measure of a man II: Cosmiques Arrete

Part II of "Measure of a man" My first pure alpine route. I guess we skied out down the Vallee Blanche after, but it had...


Part II of "Measure of a man"




My first pure alpine route. I guess we skied out down the Vallee Blanche after, but it had nothing to do with the climb.

A big thanks to Ryan and Jon, who brought the alpine expertise and put up with Romain and I.  A truly beautiful route with great exposure.

Pictures:

Roped up (encordee) for the walk over

The route as seen from the eastern side. only a small amount of exposure on this side

The start of the route, starting from the 'abri simond'

Ryan getting energy for the traverse

Jon led the whole route and placed the protection. thank you mate!

Romain in one of the first snow gulleys

I enjoyed the first scramble section a lot!

Love that exposure. Bossons glacier below

Ryan playing the goat


don't look down!

And we made it! quick recharge before the 24km ski home

Weird being back on the arette du midi

Beautiful sunset decent on the Vallee Blanche








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.