Hands and Faces - 6 - Meet ? "I'm terrible with names"

Hands and Faces - 6 - Meet ? "I'm terrible with names" Chiang Mai - Old city The night following this photo, I had a ...

Hands and Faces - 6 - Meet ? "I'm terrible with names"
Chiang Mai - Old city


The night following this photo, I had a wonderful conversation with an old american guy called Amaji. I don't think I'll ever forget his name, because that is precisely what we spoke about: The value of remembering peoples names and tricks to do it.

I've always been terrible with it, and I don't think its fair on the people I meet. I lived by the principal that "I'm just bad with names". That was my first mistake and it really wasn't good enough.

Following my conversation with Amaji, There wasn't a person I met in Thailand that I forgot the name of. I made the point of asking people I met. Often in circumstances that it wasn't called for. Its a skill I'm still working on.

However, this photo of a shop keeper in a boutique store in Chiang Mai was taken about 6 hours prior to that conversation, and i'm embarrassed to say I have no idea what this girls name was.

I can tell you that she was sweet, timid, was from Bangkok and had so many amazing tattoos. Some so unusual that many tattoo artists would refuse to ink her body with. She worked bars the night and had served us the very night before. I've all but given up on alcohol and she had squeezed some fresh juice from Roselle into tea cups. coupled with tunes from Cafe Del Mar, it was an awesome atmosphere.

Thats about all I know, and it really isn't enough.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.