European liberal sexuality

Dear Mom & Dad, I am writing you this letter because I have something very important to tell you and I want to get this out ...





Dear Mom & Dad,

I am writing you this letter because I have something very important to tell you and I want to get this out right. Just so you do not get worried everything is alright. I am more than alright. For the first time in a long time I am truly happy. I love both of you so much that I can not truly express how I feel. What I want to tell you is that I tried something new to me today and i really enjoyed it. I'm not turning my back on who i was. I still have those interests, only now i have new ones too. I guess the best way for me to explain is to introduce you to someone very special to me:

(my new love: Dynastar cham 87's and dyna fit bindings. telescopic poles cause i swing both ways!)

Yep thats right, i swing both ways

everybody relax, i am still a redblooded and raving heterosexual (somebody tell  the snowbunnies! i wont say no to a little help!) I have however started skiing and am taking to it a little more than id like to admit. 

everything that skiiers say about snowboarders is in fact true and everything going round about skiers is true aswell. we are all selfish, hopeless bastards. and unfortunatley all these issues arise from the nature of the chosen sports rather than the people themselves. i know now, i have transgressed the divide.



 it is still fun to join in and dish it out.

(check it! two little snowboards)

two competing hobbies has led to two serious issues:

1)    when the snow falls thick and fluffy, the sun shines and the stars allign, and you know it will be a day to blog home about; and surely make the most of....which do you take? 

-The board is more playful, floats better in powder and easier for me to control when it gets into cliffs, couloirs, jumps and trees. it is awful in moguls, the flat or near flat and on long crossings.

-Skis carry more speed, work on the flat or uphill, moguls and most importantly can attach seal skins and be used to go near enough anywear via ski touring. but skis are very serious, there is no frivolity that you get with a board. and you find yourself mingling with lots of narrow minded idiots.

(ski touring up and over col du passant, to come down the other side)


2) I am collecting way too much stuff

“And this mess is so big 
And so deep and so tall, 
We cannot pick it up. 
There is no way at all!”


― Dr. SeussThe Cat in the Hat

My off piste bag is starting to weigh more than i do

Packing list for an average day off piste:

helmet
beanie
goggles
sunglasses
2 neckerchiefs
thermals
ski socks
goretex ski suit
misc layers for warmth
wool gloves
leather ski gloves
touring ski boots
touring skis
climbing skins
climbing knives
telescopic poles
off piste bag
avalanche tranciever
avalanche probe
shovel
harness
gris gris/ various carabiners, short rope
crampons
2 L of water
first aid kit/ torch
thermal blanket
knife
off piste book of areas around mont blanc (bible)
lots of chocolate
ice axe

...
gets heavy!

( end of the ski touring climb over col du passant,as seen above)

but man is it worth it!

I feel as if i am quickly falling down the rabbit hole. this life suits me just swell, and is full of the wild eyed passionate people i adore and full of the adventure that i crave. yes its cold, but that is fast becoming a good thing to me. i actually fear the lengthening of days as it leads toe the retreat of that glorious white snow.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.