What is left behind

This is me  My name is TomTom... and this will be my story... Up until today i was an young promising engineer; being generally u...


This is me
 My name is TomTom... and this will be my story...

Up until today i was an young promising engineer; being generally upwardly mobile, living in Perth, life is  comfortable and somewhat predicable.
In the words of Dean Karnazes, ultramarathon ultra-man: “Somewhere along the line we seem to have confused comfort with happiness. “

This is Western Australia: another tree lined street, safe, happy, complete with birds tweeting, children playing and people generally waving to their neighbours. but there is something wrong with this scene: ...That's all it is. safe. comfortable.  with a vocal avian population, small families mindlessly reproducing and a great plague of small talk. 

And so, everything is sold, gone, given or destroyed. all I am left with is this:



and a great deal more of them to follow, A camera, some clothes, snow gear, climbing gear, a beanie of naivety and pocket full of passion.

This will be my story...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.